Monday, August 27, 2012

The One with The Nursery Reveal...

So the nursery is (pretty much) done! I am still waiting on a canvas I ordered of one of our maternity pictures to put on the wall, but that won't be ready till next week and I figured I've kept you all waiting long enough ;) I've had so much fun spending time on every little detail of this room. 

I can't tell you how many times I laid awake at night over the past 2+ years of our journey, dreaming about what I wanted this room to look like. It's very surreal sitting in there now, with it all done, knowing that in less than 6 weeks, two babies will be calling it their home for many years to come. 

I tried really hard to make it a boy's AND a girl's room, but i know (and Matt has made it known:) that it is more on the girly side. I am not a theme person, and all the boy stuff out there is sports, trucks, trains & planes, which makes it hard! Plus, being a girl myself, I am easily drawn to the more feminine decorations. Thankfully, it's just their nursery and when they get older we can define it more clearly with sports (I'm sure) for him and whatever she's into at the time :) 


View from the door.

Baby girl's bedding

& baby boy's bedding


Mobiles I made for each of them.

Probably my favorite thing in the room :)


The changing table/dresser. I LOVE how this turned out, color and all. His clothes are on the left, hers on the right, and burp clothes, blankets, and extra diapers are in the middle. 

My mom and I searched high and low and finally found the perfect tray to store all the diaper changing goodies. I do realize that one day when they are able to stand up and reach for things, some of these things (tray, drapes, etc) will need to be moved, but for now it works :)

Her side of the room and his.

 Right above the chair, to the left, is where the canvas picture will go. I'm also planning on putting their newborn pictures in the frame to the left of the chair.

I had a lot of fun making the embroidery hoops and I like how they tie in with the bedding. I also need to add each of their initials, which I'm going to put amongst the hoops...but those will have to be added AFTER their born ;)

Love this verse.

Her hair bow/headband station :)


 Their closet...

 Here are her clothes dividers I made...still finishing his up.





3 comments:

  1. Sooo cute!! They are so blessed to have such a creative Momma!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nursery turned out soooo cute!! I wish I could see it in person. Can't wait to see their newborn pictures...scratch that...can't wait to see THEM!

    ReplyDelete