Friday, August 17, 2012

The One with The Non-Stress Test...

Yesterday was the start of one of many Non-Stress Tests (NST). What is a NST? It's the monitoring of the babies heart rate pattern during fetal movement & rest periods. The doctor said that they always do this with twins, as well as those who got pregnant through IVF. So either way, I would be monitored. They also monitor if I'm having any contractions. I will be going every Monday and Thursday till the babies get here. I start by going in and having an ultrasound so she can measure how much fluid each baby has. As of now, they still have a good amount of fluid. Then, I went over to a recliner and was hooked up to 2 straps that they placed on my belly which monitor each baby individually as a 3rd strap to measure contractions. Moth babies did great and the only contraction movement she saw was from the babies jolting my belly around :) I'm so thankful how smoothly everything is going so far, but I know things can change very quickly. It's comforting to know that the babies & I are being closely watched and if anything were to look concerning, I would be whisked to the hospital across the street. The doctor said to be safe, I should probably pack my hospital bag & leave it in the car just in case something were to happen while I was there. Things are starting to get real! 

I found this picture of what twins look like in the womb at 32 weeks...
I'm pretty sure baby b (boy) would be the one on the left and baby a (girl) on the right. 
Update!

  • How far along? 32 weeks...but I've been getting comments from strangers lately like...Oh, looks like baby is coming anytime! I just smile and nod :) 
  • Total weight gain: 40lbs. My multiples book says I'm right on track, but boy is that a lot of lbs :/ 
  • Maternity clothes? Yes! Since it's been so hot I finally broke down and bought a pair of shorts. This is a big deal because I NEVER wear shorts. I mean NEVER. I hate my legs and always feel self conscience showing them off, but with this heat I decided to suck it up and get a pair. I've basically worn them 4 days in a row & I don't know how I did without them for so long :)
  • Stretch marks? still there...still worth it.
  • Sleep: Sleeping well, thankfully.
  • Best moment this week: My sweet mom wanted to buy the babies bedding, and her sister, my Aunt Beth, so graciously offered to make them! She just finished everything and dropped the rest of it off this week. It's so fun seeing everything I picked out & envisioned all put together. I love it! I'm hoping to hang the wall decor up this week and then I'll post pictures :)  
  • Miss Anything? Sleeping on my stomach & back. 
  • Movement: Like crazy!
  • Food cravings: Nothing particular this week. I'm just hungry :) 
  • Food Aversions: None
  • Gender: Pink & Blue!
  • Labor Signs: None
  • Symptoms: A numb and itching stomach...makes for an interesting combination. 
  • Belly Button in or out? Out
  • Wedding rings on or off? Off
  • Looking forward to: Being able to say the nursery is completely done!

3 comments:

  1. I think you look great...and don't look bigger than the past couple of updates!

    Can't wait to see pics of the nursery, it looks SO cute in real life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing an awesome job mamma!! Those babies are happy and healthy in there. Praying that the next 5+ weeks are boring and uneventful.

    Make sure you pack lots of snacks for the daddy to be in that bag. You know how he gets!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jenalee...I think you look SO great for having 2 in there! You look amazing! The NST sounds a little relaxing...a recliner. Can I go? :) Are you allowed to sleep when you're in there? I can't wait to see the nursery!

    ReplyDelete