Thursday, August 9, 2012

The One with the Sad Week...



This week was a sad and hard week for the Anema family. Matt's Pop (Grandpa) passed away on Saturday unexpectedly. He had suffered from diabetes for quite awhile and had some other health issues, but nothing that could have prepared us for him to leave us this soon. We are grateful he didn't have to suffer, but we're all so sad to loose him and I know it hurts everyones heart that he won't be able to meet his first great grandchildren, especially since they are so close to being born :( It is reassuring to know his love and dedication to Christ and that he is now in heaven with Him, and tomorrow we get to celebrate the life he lived here on earth. We love and miss you Pop! 

  • How far along? 31 weeks & measuring 37 1/2 weeks.
  • Total weight gain: 38lbs
  • Maternity clothes? With the heat this week, it's been hard finding things to wear that fit and are both comfortable & cool. Luckily, most of my time is spent at home so it doesn't really matter what I'm wearing. And if you happen to see me wearing the same thing 2 or 3 times in a week, now you know why :) 
  • Stretch marks? still there...still worth it.
  • Sleep: Sleeping straight through, other than getting up to use the bathroom once each night.
  • Best moment this week: seeing both babies good, strong heartbeats at our doctors appointment this morning. In the ultrasound and from what it feels like, I think baby girl has completely moved. It looked like she has come out of her little corner and is now stretched out across the left side of my belly, with her head up. Baby boy is more on the right side now, but still somewhat transverse, with his feet next to her head, making him head down.  
  • Miss Anything? Being able to sit comfortably and breath easily. Getting good, deep breaths is becoming harder. 
  • Movement: Still a lot of movement, but sadly I can't feel it as well now a days becomes of the numbing in my stomach :( If I put my hand where on my stomach, I can feel a lot of movement but I guess the numbing is on the inside of my belly as well which makes it so I can't feel them as good anymore. Still feeling lots of kicks to my insides though :)
  • Food cravings: Apples w/ peanut butter & watermelon. 
  • Food Aversions: None
  • Gender: Pink & Blue!
  • Labor Signs: None
  • Symptoms: The numbing continues and shortness of breath. Oh, and the palms of my hands and bottoms of my feet are constantly sweaty...lovely :)
  • Belly Button in or out? Out
  • Wedding rings on or off? Off
  • Looking forward to: them getting here!! I am so ready for them to be born, to see their cute faces, and to hold & take care of them.

1 comment:

  1. It has been a hard week, especially knowing how much Pop was looking forward to the babies. You were the granddaughter he always wanted and I was so looking forward to seeing him with your daughter. He loved your family of 4 so much.

    ReplyDelete