Friday, June 1, 2012

The One with the Nursery Sneak Peek...

Last post I had mentioned that Matt had spend the weekend painting the whole nursery. We went with grey, and are going to accent it with teal & coral. This past weekend, my in-laws graciously drove down to San Diego (while we were laying out in Palm Desert :) and picked up our first piece of nursery furniture...our changing table! I am in love with it. It is vintage, but in perfect condition. The place we got it from offered to paint it any color we wanted, so I picked out a teal color I liked from Lowe's and it turned out great. For some, it might be a little too bright, but my vision is that it will be the focal point of the room. For what it's worth, the owner said it was her new favorite color and she was going to recommend it to other clients :) Let me know what you think!!


The cribs are going to be very simple. Since the room isn't very large, I didn't want 2 big bulky cribs taking up a lot of space. Instead, we are going with Jenny Lind cribs (which have been around forever) that are very simple and classic. 
The teal and coral will be tied in with the bedding...if I can find something I like. Right now it looks like I'm going to have to resort to finding fabric and getting them made. I would LOVE to make them myself, but my sewing skills aren't THAT amazing. 

Below are some pictures of the very beginning process of making our guest room into a nursery :)
This is the itty bitty closet I will be squeezing 2 babies wardrobes in :) I'm hoping to add a second bar halfway down so each one has their own section. Luckily, the dresser has 9 drawers which the majority of the clothes will go in anyway.

This bedroom used to be our guest room. Originally it was painted the same color as my old bedroom at my parents...guacamole green :) My dad and Matt installed the bead-board before we moved in 4 years ago and I'm so glad they did. I love the way it looks up against the grey walls now.  

 This is the dresser/changing table! We are planning on putting a crib on either side of it. Keep in mind, the color is a little more vibrant in person. 

Here is a better picture of the dresser color. It's bright huh? It really looks so pretty in person. Trust me :)
Also, these are my first purchases of baby clothes! Matt and I went on a date to Cabazon last weekend and stopped in the Carter's store. There were so many cute summer outfits, but they won't be able to wear that stuff until next summer, so I decided to get some cute, but practical things. 

It is so crazy to think back to last year's Memorial Weekend. All the girls and I went shopping at Cabazon and I remember going in Carter's with them, so badly wanting to be shopping for my own child. Now I'm shopping for 2!

Matt and I were just talking about how these past couple years have been the hardest we have ever gone through, but we are so thankful to God for ever bit of heartache, sadness, and struggle that we have experienced. It has made us closer to each other & God. We would both go back and do it all over again because we gained & learned so much from it. I know it's easy to say now, especially since we have 2 babies on the way, but it I really would cry every tear again if it meant having what we have now...stronger faith in God, more love for each other, and 2 miracles on the way.



  • How far along? 21 weeks
  • Total weight gain: 19lbs
  • Maternity clothes? Still squeezing into to a couple non-maternity shirts & dresses. I'm going shopping this weekend for some much needed summer clothes.
  • Stretch marks? Still staying away :)
  • Sleep: It's actually been a lot better this past week. I think I'm just so exhausted each day that I'm sleeping deeper, so I'm not waking up to toss and turn as much :)
  • Best moment this week: An incredibly relaxing 4 day weekend in Palm Desert! Just what my body needed.
  • Miss Anything? Being able to stand for long periods at a time. I am thinking about hiring a students to follow me around with a chair :)
  • Movement: Definitely feeling them now! It makes me smile every time. Matt felt them for the first time this weekend! He was quite jealous for a while that I was the only one feeling them :)
  • Food cravings: This past weekend I was really craving strawberry sour strips. 
  • Food Aversions: Nothing this week!  
  • Gender: Boy & Girl!
  • Labor Signs: Nope
  • Symptoms: Just starting to slow down in general. The usual aches and pains that comes with a growing belly. I had a pinched nerve in my tailbone last night and was in extreme pain, I couldn't even walk. Thankfully this morning the pain was gone. 
  • Belly Button in or out? It changes daily actually. Sometimes it's flat, right now it's in, and sometimes the top half starts to pop out. Weird. 
  • Wedding rings on or off? On
  • Looking forward to: Being done with school. Only 4 1/2 more days!!

3 comments:

  1. This post makes me tear up!! Love seeing it start to turn into the room your babies will spend so much time in!! So many sweet times will happen in that room!!
    And I agree about all the clothes out right now. So many summer things. I guess I will have to do ALOT more shopping when their due date gets closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the colors I have been DREAMING of using!!! I have them throughout my house too!!! Loooove your little table and your cribs! I have been looking for a crib like that!!! So glad u posted this! And soooo exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so so cute!!!! I am sooo anxious to meet my niece and nephew anema! gaaaa

    ReplyDelete