Thursday, June 14, 2012

The One with My First Baby Shower...

 What better way to celebrate the beginning of summer than with a baby shower! My cousins, Heidi & Holly, and my Aunt Lynda (their mom) threw me the cutest baby shower last Saturday. They live in Visalia, so they drove all the way down to host it at my Aunt's in Corona. It couldn't have been a more perfect day. Heidi is basically my crafting mentor, so you can imagine how cute all the decorations were. Luckily you won't have to imagine, because she took awesome pictures of everything (posted below:). I new it was going to be a cute shower right when I got the invitation...also designed by Heidi (check out her new business here on fb).



The adorable favors each guest took home.


The next few photos are of the food table display...


           
 Love the cute owl cupcakes for dessert!



And here I am about to stuff my face :)

We are so thankful and blessed by all the amazing gifts everyone gave us.

                

 
With the Grandmas to be!!

The amazing & talented hostess'

Heidi is due July 19! She already has 16 month old twin boys & she has already been so much help to me. I am one lucky girl to have not only a cousin that is also a close friend, but she is also an amazing mom who makes raising twins look easy!

Pictures with a few of the guests...
Me with my Mom and her sisters.

The Rollema side.

My sweet cousins, Morgan & Chandler.

A I am so thankful for all these amazing women. We are truly blessed to have the support and love from all of them as we prepare for the arrival of these babies. Love you all!

Onto the update...
Since it's my first week of summer, I thought I would wear what I have on the majority of the day...that is if I don't go out in public :)

  • How far along? 23 weeks
  • Total weight gain: 22 lbs
  • Maternity clothes? All maternity
  • Stretch marks? Not yet.
  • Sleep: Loving being able to sleep in!
  • Best moment this week: Going fabric shopping with my mom. I THINK we found all the fabric for the bedding!
  • Miss Anything? Nothing new.
  • Movement: All the time! One of the babes is at the bottom of my belly, and the other is by my belly button. From what I feel, I think they are in a bunk bed position, but we will see in 2 weeks at our next ultra sound :)
  • Food cravings: BLT Sandwiches
  • Food Aversions: Cakes/cupcakes 
  • Gender: Boy & Girl!
  • Labor Signs: Nope
  • Symptoms: About a week ago, the top of my stomach started to feel really sensitive/tender. It feels like I have a really bad sunburn. Nothing looks different, but it hurts to the touch. Not so fun :/
  • Belly Button in or out? Out...as you can see in the pictures above!
  • Wedding rings on or off? On
  • Looking forward to: Starting to decorate the nursery!



4 comments:

  1. I see your out-ie! Lol everything looked great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Shower pictures!! So excited to see pictures of the nursery soon!! And so happy you are SEEING movement! SO fun. You look FANTASTIC. Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had so much fun at the shower. They did a great job. You and the babies are so loved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUCH a cute shower! I love all the owls! And I think it's super funny/random that you're craving BLT's!

    ReplyDelete