Friday, July 6, 2012

The One with The Friend's Shower


Last Saturday I had another shower hosted by my amazing friends, Jen, Carmen, Shelly, & Kelly. This shower has been a long awaited one. I say that because throughout our friends ship, and especially during the past couple years when we were all in a small group together,  I had occasionally talked about the struggles we were having with trying to have a baby. It was such a blessing to have these close christian friends to go to and share my honest, raw emotions and feelings with. They were nothing but supporting and encouraging, and they would always say to me...one day, it's going to happen, and when it does, we are going to throw you an amazing baby shower :) Well that day finally got here and it was such a fun and special day. They truly put so much thought and detail into EVERYTHING and definitely made this crafter proud :) Thank you girls!!

Jen & Carmen out did themselves by making the invitations and I couldn't of thought of a cuter invite! I was so excited when I got this in the mail :)

The theme was Two Peas In A Pod and was held and Carmen and Shelly's parents house who were gracious enough to open up their beautiful home to us!
 The candy display...yum!

I was SO impressed by the cupcakes Carmen made.
2 Peas in a Pod!

Cake pops...one of my fav

And a.dor.able pea in a pod cookies made by Shelly's friend.


I always appreciate a cute handmade banner :)

The food was delicious...yummy salads, fruit, and cranberry chicken salad croissant sandwiches...all made by Shelly & Kelly. 

Like I said...they put so much thought into EVERYTHING!


One of my favorite ideas...cupcake liner added to the mason jars to make it even cuter!

Jen reading a tear jerking devotional.

I always appreciate a new game that I've never played. We had to match up the pregnancy related phrase to a list of candies. 

 I was clearly extremely excited to open up gifts :D

Love the coordination outfits!

Cute bibs that say Womb Mates

The baby girls blanket Matt's Grandma crocheted which I LOVE! The girls is peach and the boys is teal :)



Matching onesies that went with the shower theme perfectly...sweet peas :)

Loved all the cute clothes I got!

They each have their own Sophies :)

A hooter hider Jen made for me :)

Another favorite of mine. Each guest took home a Prayer Soap bottle that said:
When you wash up, please pray for their family as we anticipate the arrival of the twins!

The very talented and thoughtful hostess'
Shelly, Kelly, Jen & Carmen

All the girls that could make it.

The family

And the beautiful Grandmas

I had to get a pictures with Carmen and her pro cupcakes :)


UPDATE...
  • How far along? 26 weeks
  • Total weight gain: 26 lbs. 
  • Maternity clothes? I surprised myself by squeezing into a non-maternity shirt on the 4th of July, but other than that, Maternity all the way.
  • Stretch marks? Still staying clear of the belly, but I've spotted a few little red marks on my hips this week :(
  • Sleep: Not too bad. It definitely is a lot of work and not too easy finding a comfortable position when it's time to go to bed. 
  • Best moment this week: Celebrating the 4th of July! It was so fun spending it with friends and all their kiddos. Can't wait till next year :)
  • Miss Anything? I am enjoying being pregnant to the fullest, but I will have to say, I am looking forward to one day not having to share my body with two small humans. It's a lot of work! But all VERY worth it :) 
  • Movement: I woke up last night and I think it was Baby Boy who had the hiccups. Loved it!!
  • Food cravings: Otter Pops :)
  • Food Aversions: None
  • Gender: Boy & Girl
  • Labor Signs: Nope
  • Symptoms: Starting to get up in the middle of the night more consistently now to use the restroom.
  • Belly Button in or out? Very much out
  • Wedding rings on or off? Off, but so I don't have to walk around ringless, I'm wearing one of my mom's rings that still fits :)
  • Looking forward to: Completing more baby projects this week!

2 comments:

  1. Jenalee took GREAT pictures! Such a fun day! And still one more to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete