Thursday, July 19, 2012

The One with the Last Shower...

This past Saturday I had my last shower thrown by the BFF, Jenalee, and a long time Anema family friend, Delores Staal. It was held at my Mother-In-Laws house and the theme was "Cute as a Button & Oh Sew Sweet!" The theme fit me & my hobbies perfectly and I loved every bit of the day. 

Be prepared for a picture overload. There were so many cute things to capture it was hard to pick & choose what to share! 




Button Cake and Desserts were from Sweet & Saucy. The cake was delicious and so were all the treats. We had Macaroons, Mini Cheesecakes, and Peach Pies.

 Loved the Button Pops!


    









Guests took home button & bow sugar cookies made by Danielle Evans, and these cute pin cushions! I've already started using mine :)


Jenalee, Val & adorable 2 month old Luke!



We played a cute game where you had to try and break the 2 babies out of the ice cube. The first person to get both babies out yell "my water broke!" lol




Camo outfits from Grandpa Anema :D
A boxes for each baby, full of goodies from Grandma Anema!


Super cute boppy covers from my mom.

        The wonderful hostess! Thank you ladies!!




NO 27 WEEK PICTURE :( I HAD A BUSY WEEK & BEFORE I KNEW IT I WAS 28 WEEKS!

  • How far along? 27 weeks
  • Total weight gain: 28 lbs. 
  • Maternity clothes? Yes.
  • Stretch marks? The first mark has appeared on my belly this week :( Thankfully it's pretty low and hard for me to see. I just hope there aren't too many more on their way and that they don't work their way any farther up my belly. 
  • Sleep: Sleeping is officially uncomfortable this week. It's getting hard to turn over from side to side and my body just aches no matter what position I'm in. Currently, my entire body is surrounded by pillows which seems to help some. I think I might be moving to the recliner eventually.
  • Best moment this week: Handing my keys over to my long term sub. My classroom is officially hers till January :)
  • Miss Anything? Sleeping comfortably and rolling over with ease. 
  • Movement: So much!! 
  • Food cravings: Thrifty's chocolate chip ice cream.
  • Food Aversions: None
  • Gender: Boy & Girl
  • Labor Signs: Nope
  • Symptoms: Swelling. My feet and fingers aren't noticeable swollen but I can tell they are bigger than normal. My knuckles also ache, which I'm assuming is coming from the swelling in my fingers.
  • Belly Button in or out? Outie
  • Wedding rings on or off? Off :(
  • Looking forward to: My last shower this weekend!
Now for this weeks update...



  • How far along? 28 weeks. This is a huge milestone to get to with twins! They are now able to survive outside the womb if they come early. 
  • Total weight gain: 32 lbs. Yikes! I think I need to cut back on that Thrifty's Chocolate Chip ice cream :/
  • Maternity clothes? Yes.
  • Stretch marks? There are now a total of 2 :( This is not looking good!
  • Sleep: Still not great. 
  • Best moment this week: Passing my Glucose Test!
  • Miss Anything? Energy. I'm pretty much good until 1:00ish. Then I hit a wall and I'm done for the rest of the afternoon.
  • Movement: They both are really active, especially after lunch time. 
  • Food cravings: I've been having Chicken Salad sandwiches on a croissant every day for lunch. Probably another contributor to my weight gain this week. But the babies love it!
  • Food Aversions: None
  • Gender: Boy & Girl
  • Labor Signs: No
  • Symptoms: Lack of energy and swelling in my hands and feet. 
  • Belly Button in or out? Outie
  • Wedding rings on or off? Off 
  • Looking forward to: Maternity Pictures this week with Sisterlee Photography :)

3 comments:

  1. Love all the pics!! It was a really nice day! All of your showers were so great!! You and the babies are blessed and loved!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute shower! I can't believe you are getting so far! And I take a little blame for the Thrifty Chocolate Chip ice cream craving...I think it started at my house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen you are totally to blame! haha But the babies thank you :)

    ReplyDelete