Friday, May 4, 2012

The One with the Big Ultrasound...

Wednesday afternoon, Matt and I drove out to Costa Mesa to find out the gender of the babies. I have never wanted to find out what we were having before I got pregnant. I love surprises, and the thought of waiting to hear the doctor announce..."It's a Boy!" or "It's a Girl!" is so worth it to me. Matt on the other hand, is extremely impatient, so the choice to find out or wait has always been a battle. Well, after implanted 2 embryos, I made a deal with him that if only one took, we wouldn't find out, but if both took we would. He obviously lucked out on the deal which is why we are finding out. I am totally okay with that and see the pluses to knowing ahead of time, especially now that there are 2 :) 


Well, the babies thankfully cooperated and now we know what they are!! Unfortunately for you, you'll have to wait a little bit longer until after our Gender Reveal Party on Sunday. We are having immediate family and a few close friends over to make the big reveal. I am so excited to throw my own little party. I love crafting and making party decorations, so this party gives me a good excuse to craft away! I promise to have my blog post already to go on Sunday so I can post it as soon as the word is out :)


This weeks update...


How far along? 17 weeks
Total weight gain: 9lbs still.
Maternity clothes? All bottoms & some tops still.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: Just bought a Snoogle the other night and have been sleeping much better.
Best moment this week: Finding out the genders!!
Miss Anything? Sleeping without a giant pillow.
Movement: No :/
Food cravings: TJ's Sub Hoagie sandwich. MmMmmmmM
Gender: Soon to be revealed :)
Labor Signs: Nope
Symptoms: Going to the bathroom nonstop!
Belly Button in or out? Getting shallower by the day.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Looking forward to: The Gender Reveal Party on Sunday!


Please post a blog comment with your guess of what they are!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Wahooo!!!!!

    I think it's two girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of each.....one to hunt with daddy and one to craft with mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Auntie Beth thinks you'll have one of each BUT, of course, whatever they are will be wonderful. One thing for sure is that they'll be absolutely preciously gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! I am sooooo excited for you guys! I can't wait to see pics from your party... I want some fun ideas for ours! We're tentatively planning it for June so that Nate's family will be here. I'll have to be patient a bit longer before we find out!

    ReplyDelete