Sunday, April 29, 2012

The One with the 16 Week Update...

How do I feel? That seems to be the question I get the most. As for how I feel, I feel great. I am so thankful that I haven't had any morning sickness. The worst of it has been fatigue at the beginning, but that lasted up to the 1st trimester and now I'm back to normal. I do find myself getting winded more quickly and I've noticed I've been getting light headed if I stand too long, especially during church when we are singing. The other question I get a lot is, do twins run in our family? They actually do, but that is obviously not the reason why I am pregnant with twins. I know it's not anyones business as to how I got pregnant with twins, but I feel like I'm lying if I say, yes they do! I usually end up telling them we did IVF. I'm not ashamed of it, it's not a secret, and I don't feel like I need to hide it. It's actually funny/entertaining for me to see peoples reactions. They usually have a surprised look on their face and don't know how to respond :)  



How far along? 16 weeks
Total weight gain: 9lbs still.
Maternity clothes? All bottoms & some tops still. Finding it harder to fit into my summery tops as the weather gets warmer.
Stretch marks? Not yet!
Sleep: Sleep is good, but waking up is rough. My back has continued to bother me. But I finally figured out to put a pillow between my legs while I sleep which has really seemed to help my lower back. I think I'm going to start looking for a pregnancy pillow soon.
Best moment this week: Another doctors appointment and ultrasound. We got a really good picture of Baby A;s profile. So cute!
Miss Anything? Not this week. I'm really enjoying every bit of this pregnancy so far :)
Movement: Still nothing :/
Food cravings: Black Angus dinner salads. I could eat that every day. They have the best ranch! MmmMmmm.
Gender: We find out this coming Wednesday!!
Labor Signs: Nope
Symptoms: I woke up to a Charlie Horse for the first time this week. OUCH!!
Belly Button in or out? Getting shallower by the day.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Looking forward to: Finding out the sexes and getting ready for the Gender Reveal Party!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for 16 weeks!! And you know I can't wait to find out their genders. This will be a LONGGGG week. I really don't have a preference, but it will be nice to know. And I apologize in advance if I drive you crazy this week! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-Hoo!! I can't wait to find out next week...I too will be eagerly anticipating it! So glad you're still feeling so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlie horses are thee worst!!!!! Can't wait to find out the sexes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for Sunday!!! At that point my family of 4 will be able to celebrate (via FaceTime :) ) what little ones will make you a family of 4!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So weird that we are going to be an instant family of 4!!

    ReplyDelete