Friday, May 11, 2012

The One with What Will They Bee?!?

Last Sunday was the long awaited Gender Reveal Party. We decided to keep it small and invite our parents, brothers, grandparents, and a few close friends over for the big reveal. These people have all been a great support system in our journey to parenthood and we wanted them to be a part of sharing the exciting news. The theme was "What Will They Bee?" so the decorations were bumble bee themed with yellow and black. I had so much fun planning and crafting away! 
Here are some pictures from the day...


The Sweets Table. My mom was generous to help out with the party in many ways, one being the beautiful flowers. I had a lot of fun making the sweets which included Honeycomb cereal, Bit O' Honey, Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies... 



 Chocolate Covered Pretzels and Marshmallows


Lemonade with Mason Jars and Paper Straws

and more food that my wonderful Mother-in-law made.

Baby A & B each had a flower pot that held the Bumble Bee pops that had the gender color inside which each set of Grandparent's bit into to reveal to everyone :)


As guests arrived, they wrote down their guess on the chalk board. I was surprised at how many people guessed right. Kinda bummed too, I wanted to catch more people by surprise :)


  


Excited to reveal the news to everyone. I loved being able to share this special secret together for a few day before telling everyone. :)

What Will They Bee?

 The Big Reveal!

 Matt's parent's bit into the pops first and revealed the BOY! My parents went next and surprised everyone by revealing the GIRL :)



Some of the guest...


The Girls
(Kelly, Jen, Carmen, and Shelly)

The Guys
(Eric, Steve, and Keith...we missed you Sam!)

 Grandma and Great-Grandma to be

Uncle Tyler & Grandpa and Grandma Rollema

The BFF, Jenalee, who took so many awesome pictures. Thank you!

A big thank you to the talented Danielle Evans for the adorable hives and bumble bee favors!

My bump photographer is out of town fishing till tomorrow, so I will do my 18 week update/picture tomorrow :)

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Such a cute cute party!!!! So glad I was there to find out I'm that I'm having a niece and nephew. :) love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun day!! All the pictures bring me right back to that awesome moment of finding out that I will have a granddaughter and a grandson! I'm still overwhelmed with gratitude and joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED the party, love the news! Great pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete