Thursday, February 2, 2012

The One with the Results...

I went in this morning to take the blood test to see if I am pregnant or not. We went in around 7:30 and they said the results should be in around 11:00. I didn't want to hear the news while I was by myself at school, so I told the nurse to leave a message, and then the plan was that I would wait to listen to it with Matt once I got home from work. Well, I should have known better, because Matt is one of the most impatient people I know. He was texting me all morning, freaking out, asking if they had called yet. Around 11:00, I looked down at my phone and I had a voicemail! I texted Matt to let him know, and he immediately wrote back telling me there was no way he could take it any longer. He ended up coming to my school during my lunch and we listened to the voicemail together in my classroom. The nurse said she had good news, so we called her back and she said it came back POSITIVE! She said my levels were really good, and I need to come back in two days (my birthday!) for more blood work to check to see that my levels are doubling...the most important thing. We are extremely excited, yet cautious. It's scary to get your hopes up, but still so fun! Next week Thursday we will have our first ultrasound, and hopefully find out if it's one baby or two! Eeek!!

1 comment:

  1. You and Matt are so cute! I'm glad you were together to get THE NEWS!

    ReplyDelete