Monday, January 23, 2012

The One with The Egg Retrieval & Transfer...

January 17 (last Tuesday) was the retrieval and it went really well. I was put under, so I don't remember anything that happened, but they called today and said they were able to retrieve 14 eggs, and of that, 10 turned into embryos! They let those embryos sit for 5 days to see which ones would continue to develop and which ones would stop growing.


Yesterday we went in at 11:00am for the transfer. I had to have a full bladder so they could getting a clearer view of my uterus. Once I was in the hospital gown and bed, they wheeled me into the transfer room. The embryologist came in to show us our embryos and talk us through the procedure. Matt was able to sit in the room right next to me and look through a microscope at our embryos waiting in the incubator. It was such a neat and special moment where we were able to pray together, hold hands and watch as our babies were placed in my uterus. Although this wasn't the way we ever imagined we would have a baby, we could feel God there with us, watching over us, our baby, and guiding the doctors.


I am now on strict bedrest for 48 hours, only aloud to get up to use the restroom. I feel great, especially knowing that God could be quite possibly creating a miracle inside of me. Matt has been such an amazing husband and partner through every step of this journey. Not only has be been so helpful around the house and waiting on me hand & foot, he has been encouraging and there for me emotionally. I am so thankful for him. We should now if everything worked next Thursday, February 2, two days before my 26th birthday!

1 comment: