Monday, January 9, 2012

The One with The Shots...

I started my medication this past Saturday. I have to give myself 2 shots in the morning, and 2 and night. It isn't as nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Matt have me the first shot Saturday morning because I got a little nervous, but it didn't hurt at all! Since then, I've been doing all of them. The needles are the same size as the ones diabetics use. One of the medications (Lupron) I have to draw the fluid out with the syringe, and the other one (Follistim) is a pen like device that the medication goes into. It's definitely weird giving yourself a shot 4 times a day. Not something I ever thought I would be doing to myself.


I'm so thankful for how smoothly this whole process has gone so far. God has truly gone before us and protected us in the journey. The only side affect that I have had is some bruises on my stomach from the shots. Every once in awhile it burns afterward, which is usually because the medication is on the cold side. Matt has been so sweet and helpful with everything. Since Matt gets up before me, when he wakes up he takes all my stuff out of the fridge and gets it ready for me so it can get down to room temp before I have to take it. I love that he does this on his own without me asking. It's his way of making everything a little easier on me. I just love him.


I was also surprised at the short amount of time I have to take the medication. I go in this Wednesday (1/11) to see how my body is responding to the meds, and then everyday to every other day after that. They are going to be looking at the follicles (what contains each egg) to see how many there are measuring them to see how big they are getting. They are predicting the egg retrieval will take place on/around the 18th and then the embryo transfer will take place 5 days after the retrieval! So surreal that I could be pregnant by the end of this month! Right now we are just praying for my body responds to the medication positively and that we get a good amount of follicles.

1 comment:

  1. I was on the follistim too! And my stomach was all bruised up too :)

    ReplyDelete