Sunday, January 15, 2012

The One with The Trigger Shot...

I'm ready!! I went in this morning and my follicles are the size and condition they need to be, so they scheduled the retrieval for Tuesday, a day earlier than they thought. Unfortunately, Matt went hunting this weekend so he wasn't at the appointment with me. The only important thing he missed was being given the trigger shot instructions. This shot triggers ovulation and they said it was most important shot in this whole process. It needs to be given at 11:00pm tonight on-the-dot. Unlike the other shots which have been in my stomach under my belly button, this is an intramuscular shot which means it's given in the booty :( I am extremely nervous for this. My plan is to sit on ice till my booty is frozen, in hopes that I won't be able to feel anything. Matt will obviously be giving me this shot :) EEeek!




Update: The shot went great! I couldn't feel a thing. The area is a little sore, it feels like theres a big bruise. Thankful that's the worst of it :)

1 comment:

  1. Yikes!!!! I had to trigger ovulation too but not in the booty :) I'm glad you couldn't feel it!

    ReplyDelete